Premier League betting
Premier League Betting Odds
One of the world’s most-watched leagues featuring the world’s most-watched sport provides endless betting opportunities – all available on Sportingbet South Africa! If football betting interests you, then it’s well worth considering some of the premier league betting opportunities on offer.
The Premier League explained
The Premier League is England’s top football league featuring the top 20 clubs, all operating on a system of promotion and relegation within the English Football League. The season runs from August to May with each team playing a total of 38 matches (home and away games) on Saturdays and Sundays. The top clubs from the Premier League will go into the UEFA Champions League, one of the most prestigious sports’ tournaments globally.
Fun facts about the Premier League
- The Premier League is the most-watched sports’ league globally, broadcast to 643 million homes with a potential television audience of 4.7 billion people.
- It attracts some of the biggest live audiences with most stadium occupancies near capacity. For the 2018/2019 season, the average match attendance was over 38 000.
- The record for most points scored in a Premier League season is 100, set by Manchester City in the 2017/2018 season.
- Manchester United have won 13 Premier League titles, the most by any team.
- The Premier League is the richest in football, earning around R86 billion in television revenue.
Top teams and players
There are so many Premier League betting opportunities on offer, either on game outcomes, tournament outcomes, number of goals scored or even individual players. The top teams at the moment are Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. Some of the players contending for top goal scorer are Sergio Aguero of Manchester City, Mohamed Salah of Liverpool, Raheem Sterling of Manchester City and Harry Kane of Tottenham.
Select from the live events list to view media.