Cycling Betting Odds
Sportingbet offers cycling odds on all the major road cycling races on the calendar. You can look forward to all the edge-of-your-seat action from Milan San Remo, Paris-Roubaix, Giro d’Italia, Amgen Tour of California, Tour de France, and the Vuelta a España.
To follow who is actually winning the race, you have to understand the different jerseys and what they signify. Unlike with most sports, in cycling there are different competitions going on simultaneously, and the jersey colours and patterns help you distinguish this.
1. The yellow jersey – this is the overall leader of the race (rider who cycled the quickest overall in the combined stages).
2. The green jersey (general points) – throughout the race, points are awarded for various sprint sections and the green jersey is worn by the rider with the most points during a race.
3. The white jersey – the best young rider (under 25 years of age).
4. The polka dot jersey – certain mountain sections earn points so the best climber (with the most points) is awarded the jersey.
The ongoing competitions make for some very interesting cycling bets to choose from. You can assess the cycling odds according to the outright winner, the stage winner for the above-mentioned jersey classifications, match-ups (highest points between one of two riders in the various categories), number of stage wins, top 10 finish, and number of riders to wear the yellow jersey, among others.
And just to help you a bit more, Sportingbet has outlined some of the cycling terms used to assist you in determining the cycling odds:
• Peloton - the main group of riders in the cycle race.
• Echelon - a line of riders looking for maximum draft in a crosswind which results in a diagonal line across the road.
• Shelled - a rider who is battling to keep up with a fast-paced race.
• Domestique - a rider who is working to benefit another rider.
• Breakaway - a group of one or more riders ahead of the peloton.
Now that you are fully equipped, back on a winner with Sportingbet today!